Saturday, March 1, 2014

Korean Style :)


So I know this is something I’ve touched on briefly in another post about why Korea reminds me of the 90’s. But I don’t think I really did justice to the style that Korea has. People really put effort into their appearance here. Not just the girls but also the men. The only thing that I will say is that the style is pretty homogenous here, particularly men’s style. It is pretty much what is known as “hipster”. And girls’ style ranges from super girly- frills, bows and polka dots- to hipster. 

In some ways a lot of things I see are outdated. Not in a cool throwback/ironic kind of way but in a “we never moved on from that decade” sense. For example, I see a lot of young women wearing fitted high waisted pencil skirts and/or dresses with puffy shoulders. They just scream 80’s in all the wrong ways. Since I have the clothes taste of an 8 year old, I think that I fit in perfectly here. I will never outgrow bows and polka dots. With that said, here are some of my favorite trends here:


GIRLS

Short, Puffy Skirts

Mixing girly dresses with chunky sweaters

Oversize Cable Knit Sweater



Prairie inspired tent dresses

GUYS


HUGE Scarves a la Lenny Kravitz




Fitted Blazers




Obnoxiously Big Glasses


Funky Patterned Shirts


No comments:

Post a Comment